Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year!
With the cooler weather combined with the beautiful colours of fall,
Thanksgiving is a great time to get together with family and friend to celebrate the good things in life.
We prepare some of the staple Thanksgiving treats like stuffing and pumpkin pie as well as other popular desserts in our dedicated gluten and tree-nut free facility. We also make select foods safe for people on a vegan diet or with dairy and egg allergies.
Some of our popular Thanksgiving treats:
(DF=dairy free, EF=egg free, V=vegan)
- 4 Grain + Chia Sandwich Bread (DF, EF, V) – $7.50
- Burger Buns (DF, EF, V) – $7.50
- Kaiser Buns – $7.50
- Apple Butter Cupcakes (DF, EF, V) – $10.50/4 or $15/6 (no tax)
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (DF, EF, V) – $10.50/4 or $15/6 (no tax)
- Apple Pie – 5″ individual size (DF, EF, V) – $8.00
- Date Squares (DF, EF, V) – $8.00
- Pumpkin Pie – 5″ individual size – $8.00
- Butter Tarts – raisin and plain – $13.00/6
Stuffing – $8.00
- Our stuffing (DF, EF, V) is prepared and frozen in single serve sizes in a microwave/oven safe container to make reheating easy and to keep chances of cross-contamination to a minium.
Apple Butter Cupcakes
Thanksgiving is a very busy time of year for our bakery so all of our products
should be ordered ahead by calling the store. Thank you.
Please remember to pre-order your bread for stuffing ahead of time to avoid disappointment!
Pre-order your Thanksgiving baking at 519-837-3337
Enjoy a couple of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes. These are long-standing family favourites, tried-and-true!
This is a fantastic recipe we have been making for years. Designed to be used with our own Newton’s No Gluten breads, even your non-gluten-free guests will be clamoring for second helpings!
*dairy free, egg free option
- 1 loaf of Newton’s No Gluten 4 Grain+Chia Sandwich Bread, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted (*Earth Balance Dairy Free Spread)
- 2 cups hot chicken stock or water
- 3 Tbsp. bacon fat, previously rendered and reserved or olive oil
- 3 large stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 6 stalks fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup currants, washed then soaked in 1/2 cup of water to plump, then drained
- Cube sliced bread into bite sized pieces.
- Put into a large bowl. Do not dry bread cubes.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and salt. Gently mix in.
- Mix melted butter and hot stock in a bowl.
- Pour butter and hot stock mixture over bread cubes 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Mix cubes after each addition for even distribution. Set aside.
- Heat bacon fat in a medium frying pan. Sautee onions and celery until partially cooked (approx. 5 min.).
- Remove from heat and add apples, garlic, currants and parsley. Mix well.
- Add contents of frying pan into bread cubes. Mix well.
- Lightly press into greased 8×8 pan.
- Tightly cover pan with foil and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes.
A great holiday recipe that perfectly compliments our stuffing recipe!
- 1 package fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/2 cup sugar — less or more depending on your taste for tartness
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium sauce pan
- On medium heat – bring just to boil , stirring often
- Reduce heat & simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken and the majority of skins “pop”, stirring often
- Remove from heat (add 1 tsp of Grand Marnier – optional) and let cool, stirring occasionally
Once cool, store in a closed container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Sauce can also be frozen & reheated after being thawed, with good results.
* NOTE * if you like your cranberries chunky, then stir very gently to avoid mashing them but be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to avoid burning.
Portions - Your Dietary Food Store
Thanksgiving Weekend Hours
Friday, Oct. 6: 10 – 5, Saturday, Oct 7: 10 – 4
Sunday & Monday: Closed